Good sportsmanship is both the coach/s and athlete’s commitment to fair play, ethical behavior and integrity. IN perception and practice, sportsmanship is defined as those qualities which are characterized by generosity and genuine concern for others. Below we highlight a few focus points and ideas on how to teach and coach sportsmanship to your athletes. Lead by example!
- Competitive Effort
- Put forth maximum effort during each event.
- Practice the skills with the same intensity as you would perform them in competitions
- Always finish a match/event: Never quit.
- Fair Play at all Times
- Always comply with the rules.
- Demonstrate sportsmanship and fair play at all times.
- Respect the decision of the referees at all times.